Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

OK, I admit it. Today is not my most favorite of holidays. But today is a celebration of LOVE. And while once again I don't have a significant other in my life, there are, however, several people who are in my life for whom I have a great love to share.

My parents: who raised me with love and taught me how to share it with others. Though they may sometimes get on my nerve with their constant nagging, I know it is only because they love me and what the best for me. That's what parents are for. I also admire the love that they have for each other. It gives me hope that one day I will find such a person for myself.

My brothers: who may not have always shown me a lot of love growing up (MIKE) , I still know that they love me and I love them (and not just because we have to).

My sisters-in-law: while it may not be "official" for Sonia to be a part of the family until July, she already is to me. Kristie & Sonia are two very special women. I may be a little bias here, but you are very lucky to be married into such a great family! I couldn't ask for two better sisters-in-law.

My grandparents: what better next door neighbors to have than your own grandparents. Some kids only get to see their grandparents on holidays and special occasions. I got to see mine every day! And while grandma is no longer "physically" with us on this earth, she always has and always will hold a special place of honor in my heart.

"Daddy Wally" and "The Kushnirs": I can't even begin to imagine the sacrifice it must have been to 26 years ago, after the loss of your wife, to then give up your only daughter and watch her be raised by someone else (even if it was still family). I am thankful, however, that you have remained such a strong presence in my life, even though now we may only see each other once or twice a year. How blessed am I to be loved by TWO families! It may be difficult to hear me talk of my "dad" and have it not mean you. But you are still my father and I love you with all of my heart.

My aunts, uncles, cousins, and all other family members: I love you all! Family is very important to me. Although we are farther apart by physical distance, you are all very close to me in my heart.

My friends (old and new): what would life be like without great friends? I hope I never have to find out. I love ALL of my friends. While some of us have physically gone our separate ways (like to completely different states) and have had difficulty keeping in touch, you have still remained close to me in my heart. Others are brand new relationships that are beginning to form, but are still just as important to me and I love you just as much.

Last but definitely not least, in fact, first. My ONE TRUE Valentine, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ: the very essence of Love itself. I could quote several passages of Scripture here, but instead just one, "For God so LOVED the WORLD that He gave His ONE AND ONLY Son, that whoever believes in HIM will not perish but have ETERNAL LIFE." - John 3:16

I am determined not to get depressed this year as I struggle with being single (there are actually quite a few positive points - but that's for another time). I realize that I have quite a lot of love to give and I gladly share it.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY <3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, I will say it again, adamently, I am so very proud of who you have grown up to be.
Someone is missing a real catch! But the right one is really worth waiting for. You are still younger than I was when I met your "Daddy Wally"

Anonymous said...

I cried a lot today because it was just plain yucky. Reading this made me cry more, but in a much better way. You're awesome and that was beautiful and so true. We do have wonderful families and excellent examples of love. I miss Grandma's boxes of conversation hearts.

Anonymous said...

Our glorious Lord and Savior has someone special lined up for You.

Anonymous said...

We're home safely. We were happy to take you to lunch yesterday. Mom and Dad Naggerson