Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Funny Thing Happened...

A funny thing happened at church on Sunday. I was sitting up in the balcony because the choir had to sing. After we finished our songs, I thought I'd go downstairs and sit with my family for the rest of the service. So, during the sermon hymn, I gathered my things and made my way downstairs. I was about 2 steps from the bottom when my feet went out from under me. Down I went, right on my butt. The ushers heard the loud thump and came rushing over, probably thinking I was one of the old ladies. I was so confused as to what could have made me fall, when I look about two feet away and see the heel of my favorite pair of shoes. The ushers helped me up and to gather my things. I then hobbled my way to my family's pew. It's not easy to walk when one heel is 3" higher than the other one. I am sad to have to throw away my favorite pair of shoes, but they were about 10 years old.

3 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Trash them.

Anonymous said...

yikes!

Anonymous said...

To use one of Tom's lines-- at least you didn't lose your "sole" in church! Pam