Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Phone Story

So you want to know what happened to my phone? Well, I didn't drop it in the toilet. When I went to Cantata rehearsal last Thursday night, I was getting out of my car and grabbing all my stuff, but I couldn't find my phone anywhere. It wasn't in my purse, it wasn't in any of my pockets, it wasn't laying anywhere in the car. I didn't worry about it too, much because I just figured that I had left it at home (though I was pretty sure I grabbed it in the morning) or else it's on my desk at work. When I got home, I looked all over my apartment, but couldn't find it. So, I must have left it at work. When I got to work Friday morning, my phone was not anywhere near my desk. Now I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I went out to my car again to look for thoroughly. Nothing. When I came back in, one of my coworkers sent out an email around the office asking if anyone had lost a phone. He had found one in the parking lot the night before. So I went over to his desk, "it's my phone!". The outside casing was a bit scratched up, but more or less it looked like my phone. I flipped it open and quickly noticed that the screen looked different. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the LCD screen had cracked and nothing was visible. The phone still worked in that I could still call people, but I could not see who I was calling or access my contacts or anything. So, that is why I had to get a new phone. I dropped it in the parking lot and it probably got ran over by a car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that...better than the toilet though I guess :)
That is why I have insurance!! :)
Heidi

Mrs. Patterson said...

Phone insurance, renter's insurance . . . sounds like a good idea.