Monday, January 30, 2006

On The Bandwagon

It seems like everyone is jumping on the Engagement Bandwagon. Within a month of each other, my two best friends BOTH got engaged (Jen on New Year's Eve and Becky over the weekend). But, you won't see me hitching a ride any time soon. That would require actually dating someone and dating him for at least one year. I am very happy for my newly engaged friends. I wish them a long, loving, Christ-centered life together. God's blessings to Jen & Brandon and Becky & Jon.

3 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Jen and Brandon weren't dating a year, are you implying that you can't see yourself contemplating marriage unless you've dated for a year?

Amy said...

Probably not. Of course, I haven't been able to hold on to a boyfriend longer than a month. I'm not one who takes major life decisions lightly. I only want to get married once, so I will want to make sure he's the right one. I guess I really won't know until the time comes.

Anonymous said...

Or maybe you will be like your bio-dad and I. We met each other Feb.and bowled together till early September but then decided not to date when we finally broached the subject in early Sept. By end of September, we decided that well, maybe we would date. By mid October we were engaged. Took us longer to decide to date that it did for us to decide to get married! Of course, we were both older (28 and 31) at the time. You just never know when or what God is going to do!
Linda K.