Monday, April 16, 2007

Baby Names

Here's what we've decided on so far:

BOY - Austin Eugene (neither of us are crazy about this middle name, but since every first born boy on his side of the family has the same middle name, including Bryan, we can't argue with tradition)

GIRL - Madison Marie

Disclaimer: Names are subject to change

It will be about another 5 or 6 weeks before we find out. I'm on the fence about finding out ahead of time. I don't really want to know, but patience isn't one of my strongest virtues and the suspense would probably drive me nuts. But Bryan really wants to know. So I willfully conceded and we're going to find out at my 20-week appointment (which I just realized is the halfway point in my pregnancy).

I just noticed that both of these names are also state capitol cities.

6 comments:

andrew! said...

Is Amos out of the running?

Mrs. Patterson said...

I love them both. Marie is Hannah's middle name and was Connie's as well.

Amy said...

I picked Marie because it was Connie's middle name.

Anonymous said...

Love your choices! If the tradition was Gertrude as a first name for the firstborn girl, would you argue then? :)

What's your new last name going to be? How's the syllable breakdown?

Tell us more about Bryan! What's he do, what does he like/hate, where's he from? Enquiring minds (okay, I) want to know!

This is so fun!

Amanda

Amy said...

Bryan Helman hails from Kansas City, KS (but has lived on the MO side, too). He went to the University of Kansas. He is also an architect-to-be. That is how we met. We used to work together (but he works for a competing firm now). He moved here about 4 years ago and we quickly became good friends. Among his other interests is cars, particularly the classic "muscle cars" like the Mustang (he has two of them plus a '55 truck).

Anonymous said...

Both names sound great...especially since Jackson was not the boys name. I might be the last of the Patterson women to get pregnant but I have dibs on having "Jackson" as my boys name. :) Knowing my luck, I'll have all girls! Only time will tell. :) (not anytime soon, for those who are wondering)