Monday, April 23, 2007

It's Official

















I'm engaged, officially! Bryan proposed over the weekend. And I didn't even expect it. I mean, I knew he would propose at some point, but I didn't know when or how. And I definitely wasn't expecting it would be this weekend. We drove out to Clearwater Beach late Saturday afternoon. When we left Orlando, the sky was pretty much overcast. The weather channel had said that it was supposed to be mostly sunny. I suggested that maybe we wait until Sunday since it was so cloudy and already so late. But he REALLY wanted to go so we drove out there anyways and while we were driving, the skies began to clear a bit. When we finally made it to the beach, there was a large cloud blocking the sun, but the horizon was still fairly clear. There were some cool rays poking through the clouds which was actually quite pretty. We laid out a blanket on the sand and cuddled to keep warm, well, to keep ME warm. As the sun finally made its way out of the big cloud, we sat up and he said to me, "I don't know if you knew this or not, but there was another reason why I wanted to come here." He reached into his pocket, pulled Grandma's ring (which I've held in safe keeping the past 4 years) and he asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES! Well, technically, I didn't say yes. I said ABSOLUTELY! When the sun finally dipped below the water, we left the beach and went to dinner at Outback.








I was so surprised and he was so sneaky. Apparently, last weekend, he had gone into my jewelry box and taken Grandma's ring out. I never even realized that it was missing. Although one day last week, I saw the chain that I had it hanging on spilling over the edge of my jewelry box and I thought that I might take a look at the ring, but I didn't. And it's a good thing, too. I'm sure that if I had noticed it missing off the chain, that Bryan had taken it (I knew that he was planning on giving it to me and I told him where I kept it), but it would have completely ruined the surpise. But he took it to a jeweler, had the engagement ring split from the wedding band, had it all polished up and appraised. The jeweler told him that even for as small as the diamond is, it's nearly flawless. I do need to get it resized as it is a little big.








We have not set a date yet, but it will probably be next spring. We had beeen debating whether or not the wedding should be before or after the baby is born, but we have decided that after would be best. With all the things we have to do to prepare for the baby, planning a wedding is not at the top of my list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amy (and Bryan)!!! That's very sweet and the correlation I made was that he proposed at sunset, and you talked about the cool rays. And you know how when Grandma smiled, her eyes looked like sunshines. I'll bet she's smiling right now and very happy for you, too.

Mrs. Patterson said...

God bless and keep you both. I'm glad the weather cooperated. Better resize soon, wouldn't want to lose it.

andrew! said...

Way to go, Amy! Congratulations.

Heidi said...

Congratulations! Have fun with all the planning...baby or wedding related, very exciting!