Monday, April 30, 2007

Meet The In-Laws

I met my future in-laws for the first time this weekend. Bryan's parents are visiting until Thursday, I believe. So far, they seem really nice and they seem to like me as well. Saturday, we went to Clearwater Beach and stayed until sunset. It was almost a repeat of the weekend before. We even went to dinner at Outback again. We were going to go to Bahama Breeze, but even at 9:00 there was a 2-hour wait!

Unfortunately, I received some bittersweet news this weekend. My best friends are moving away. Jon accepted a call to a church in Wisconsin. On the one hand, I am happy for them because it is a good opportunity. The church in only about an hour away from his family. And you really can't argue with God's will. But I will miss my friends. Becky and I have become very close over the past couple of years. And while it's not like I'm never going to see her again or that we won't keep in touch, but it just won't be the same. They'll be here for about another month before they move. An interesting thing about it, however, is that I had a dream about it the night before. I had expected it. From listening to them over the past couple weeks, I was pretty sure that they would be going. But it really didn't hit me until Jon announced it to the entire congregation. I always knew it was a possibility. It's the nature of being a pastor and pastor's wife. I just didn't think it would be so soon. Bryan & I have plans of moving back to the midwest, too, and I'll have to deal with leaving even more friends behind. But that won't be for about 2-3 years from now.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

All things work together for good. I can't imagine anyone not liking you, I knew they would. See you Saturday.