Tuesday, July 13, 2004

It Was A Good Good Day

I just had to talk about the good day that I had yesterday (even though it was a monday). The biggest thing was that I found my pictures that I had put on a CD (and then deleted off of my computer). I searched everywhere: at home, at work, at home again, at work again, in my car. They were nowhere to be found. I was fairly positive that it was a work somewhere. I completely cleared off my desk (it needed it anyways). No CD. Finally, towards the end of the day, I decided to look more closely through my CD binder where I keep all of my audio CDs. There it was in one of the pockets. I was so overjoyed. I started looking through all of my New York pictures. My neighbor Kevin noticed and we started swapping stories about our NYC experiences. He had gone there in Nov. 2001. He also had some pictures that he had taken at the WTC site. It was quite a sight to see (of course nothing compared to what it would have been to see it with my own eyes. Another coworker came by and joined in the conversation. Needless to say, I didn't get a whole lot of work done for the last half-hour or so of work. After work, we had a volleyball practice for our game tomorrow night. It was so much fun. We struck up a game with some other people at the park. I played so well. I was spiking the ball (not just tipping it over). I had a few diving saves (that's the best part about playing in the sand). I had to jump in the pool after I got home to wash off all the sand. When I got home, I had a package in the mail from my mom. She had sent me some more of her New York pictures and a really cool paragraph about her experience there. It was so poetic. All in all it was a good good day, that is, until I found one of my little friends (a gecko) still alive in my apartment right before I was getting into bed. I was unable to catch it. He is still there somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gecko...alive in your dwelling. Yep, I'd have definitely gotten a room at the Marriott. Yikes! I guess being down there you're a bit more tolerant of the scaly things. Glad you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for good days!! And for vacations to San Francisco!! Paul is working in Columbus now. Temporarily at home (well, gone to NC to see MElissa just now) untl next WED when he moves his stuff from Cleveland to his new 2 BR apartment, one room for computer!
Linda K