Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I'm Not On Vacation Anymore

Things have been pretty busy since I returned from San Francisco.  I'm not on vacation any more.  I'm working on about 3 projects at the same time.  All of which need to be done ASAP - one tomorrow and the others by Tuesday.  It's a good thing I'm not going up north this weekend (as originally planned).  I may have to come in to work.  It hasn't been all work, work, work, though.  Last night I got to spend time with my sister-in-law, Kristie.  She was down here (along with Jason Otter, Pastor Taylor, and the rest of St. John's youth group) for the LCMS National Youth Gathering.  It's held every three years in a different city each time.  I went to San Antonio in '95 (yes, that was NINE years ago).  I signed up to volunteer from 6:30-midnight.  But whatever I signed up to do, they didn't need me.  So I just attended the service (I did help out with the communion, though).  That's were I saw Jason (out of 35,000 people) and I met up with Kristie afterwards.  We went to get some food at Pizzaria Uno (we tried a few other places but they were all closed).  The food was good, but it took forever.  Apparently, they forgot to put my order in, so I got it for free.  After eating, we went back to their hotel.  I stayed for a little while and talked with Jason and everybody.  They were getting ready to have their evening devotion.  They asked me to stay, but I really needed to head back home.  It was after midnight and I had to work today.  It was a really short visit, but still nice.  I didn't see anyone from Trinity Orlando, except Pastor Moore who helped lead the service.  But with so many people, it's a miracle that I was able to find anyone that I knew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but what a wonerful vacation you had!!!!
Linda K.