Thursday, July 08, 2004

We're on the move

Tomorrow is moving day. About a quarter of the office is moving to the new "annex" two doors down. I'm still a bit skeptical as this event was supposed to take place over a month ago. I won't be surprised if it gets pushed back to next week. I didn't think that the move would affect me, but alas, it does. I get to move from one side of the building to the other. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. + I get to sit next to a real wall. - I lose my semi view of the outside out of the one window in our entire back office. + I have to clear off my desk. - I have to clear off my desk. Other changes within my work team will be made shortly. My teammate Bryan, whom I work really close with, is leaving for a new job. Also, the pre-intern who I've had working for me these past two weeks is leaving after next week. So in in the end the team will consist of Kevin and me, and Jim, our team leader. And since I don't work with Kevin all that much, it'll just be me (and Jim). I'm not sure that I'm ready for that much responsibility (or the workload). I'm sure that I will be fine. I'm really not alone. Jim is there to guide me and tell me what to do. It will also be a good experience for me to step up and take charge of various projects.

Some good news, I just got my PTO (personal time off) approved for my upcoming trips to San Francisco and Up North. I can't wait. Other upcoming events include our Volleyball league playoffs. Our company has a team in the Design Professionals Volleyball League. You can check our stats at http://www.eteamz.com/dpvl/ We play in the Sand Recreational Division. Our C&P team is ranked 2nd. This is the best we've ever done. Our first game is set for next wednesday evening (we had a bye for this week).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all the changes...Lutherans usually aren't too good at that! Sand volleyball, sounds lovely. Sand itself sounds nice... Have a good weekend!!