Monday, July 12, 2004

Monday, Monday

Can't trust that day. I hate mondays. I just love the weekends so much. This one was no exception. We didn't move on Friday (why am I not surprised). We should be receiving our C.O. (Certificate of Occupancy) on Wed. so we would then be moving this friday. Saturday was a good day. I got to sleep in (my favorite part of the weekend). I spent the afternoon and evening at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. I am really getting some use out of my annual pass (Thanks again Mom & Dad). It was really hot, so mostly rode all the water rides. I got completely soaked, but it didn't take long to dry off. I stayed for the fireworks show at the end of the night. It was set to the music of many of my favorite soundtracks (Apollo 13, Jurassic Park, E.T., and a few others). Afterwards I took a nice stroll through the park (while everyone else was heading for the exit). There was also a small encore fireworks show (apparently there were either leftovers or they didn't go off when they were supposed to during the real show. After church on Sunday, I met with our church's youth director. He's going to help me get a young adult group started. I'm really excited about it, but it will need much prayer. Who knows what kind of response we will get. Hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks that this is a good idea. I spent the rest of the day at home watching movies. A thunderstorm came through, so there wasn't much else to do anyways. So, now it is Monday. Back to work. But my schedule will be quite full this week. Tonight I have volleyball practice; Tuesday, I'm meeting about the young adult group; Wednesday is our v-ball game; Friday is moving day (supposedly); and next sunday I have to sing at Pastor van Sliedrecht's installation (our new associate pastor). Also, a week from Wed. I leave for San Francisco, YEAH!!!

P.S. Congratulations to Mom & Dad. Yesterday, they celebrated their 34th wedding anniversary. God has truly blessed them with a wonderful marriage. May He continue to bless them for many more years to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Aunt Joyce & Uncle Mark!!!
And Amy, that's cool that you're starting up a young adult group. How fun!! I love reading your blog, too. Have a great day!