Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Forever Frances

I thought this storm would never end. The first rain band came through around 11:00 am on Saturday morning and the last rain band ended around 2:00 pm Monday afternoon. Yes, this storm lasted more than 50 hours!! Of course it wasn't a constant storm. It just rained on and off the entire time with some strong wind gusts of up to 69 mph. This storm wasn't nearly as destructive as Charley (that is as it relates to me and the rest of the Greater Orlando area), but it still caused its fair share of damages. More trees fell and the facade of the Marriott hotel downtown completely fell off. But I, personally, did not suffer any damages. No more trees fell, my apartment didn't flood (it never even came close), I never even lost power. This storm wasn't any worse than any of the summer severe thunderstorms that pop up nearly every afternoon. It just lasted 50 times longer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay. You're going to be a hurricane pro soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're OK.

If Ivan comes thru, I'm sure you'll be ready. If you want something fun to do on the weekend, and there is not a hurricane, please drive up to Tallahassee or Gainsville on Saturday Morning for ESPN College Gameday. I'm sure it would be crowded and I know you don't like football, but Sam and I would be very proud of you.

Again, glad you're OK. Sonia and I are getting together the address for invites and save the date cards. Please take care of her when she comes to visit next month, she is very special to me, as are you.

Love your big brother-

Mike