Wednesday, September 01, 2004

A Hurricane's A Comin'...Again!

A major hurricane hasn't hit Orlando in 44 years. Now, there is the potential for 2 within 3 weeks! We are having a company meeting this afternoon to discuss our strategy for dealing with this storm. It is still too early to know just where Frances will hit, but it is large enough (bigger than the entire state) that we will definitely feel the effects. It is just a matter of how much. A major concern is that all the debris left over from Charley has the potential to become missile projections. I've heard some rumors of the "E" word (Evacuation) for the entire state of Florida (non-manditory). I will know more after our meeting this afternoon.

In other news, last night was the first meeting of our young adult bible study. Four people showed up (including myself), but it still went really well. Afterwards, we all went to Tijuana Flats for a late dinner. It was a lot of fun. I didn't get home until about 11:30. It didn't help that even after I got home, I couldn't sleep. It ws about 3:30 before I fell asleep. I was extremely tired, but I couldn't clear my head and relax. I may lose a lot of sleep between now and Sunday. The hurricane is supposed to hit in the early morning hours of Sunday.

No comments: