Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Dance, Baby, Dance

Last night, I took my first dance class in like 20 years. It was a hip hop/urban dance class. It was fun, but quite a work out. I haven't exercised that hard in quite a while (but I needed it). It was a half hour of warm up and stretching (btw, I hate situps and leg lifts) followed by a half hour of coreographed dancing. Many of the steps were quite complex, and everything is so fast paced. But I think I did pretty good for my first class and not knowing ANY of the steps. There were about a dozen girls in the class. I could tell that many of them had been practicing for weeks. I wasn't perfect, but I just kept dancing. Atleast the teacher didn't pick on me. She picked on this one girl because when she messed up, she just stopped dancing. If I missed a step or two or three or four, I just kept going and picked up the next ones. I'm looking forward to going again next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go Dancing girl! Will Dad like Ocean 12? See you sooner than later.