Thursday, December 09, 2004

What A Week

What a week and it's not even over yet. The biggest issue revolves around Mike & Sonia's wedding. On monday I ordered my bridesmaid's dress. I had no problems with the ordering process and got a great deal on the dress. Wednesday, I come to find out that some of the other bridesmaids had trouble ordering their dresses. The dress has been discontinued. Therefore, we are giong to be getting a different dress. The problem is that since my order already went through to the manufacturer, I can't cancel the order. So now I have to buy 2 dresses. I am really not happy about this. Amy King also already ordered her dress, but she is able to get credit at the store she bought it from. So now I don't know what I'm going to do. Why couldn't I have just waited until this weekend like I had originally planned? No, I had to be impatient and go after work on Monday. Now I've bought a $150 dress that I will probably never wear and who know how much the new dress will cost. Sonia's picking out a new dress this weekend.

OK, enough venting. In other news:

Tuesday I had a nice lunch with Becky. She's helping me plan my New Year's Eve party. Tuesday afternoon, our whole team went on a site visit. I love site visits. It's so nice to get out of the office (especially when the weather is absolutely perfect). I wish I would have known that we were going. I was a little overdressed by wearing a skirt. But I could definitely say that I was the best dressed person there! It was a good visit. They let me make an executive decision (and it's not even MY project). I had to choose a grout color for the masonry facade. I hope it will turn out OK. I'm sure it will. Out of the choices I was given, it looked the best. Last night was the kid's Christmas program at church as well as choir rehearsal. Tonight I'm playing wallyball with the same people with whom I play sand volleyball. We may be doing this as an alternative to playing volleyball on the weekends. I'd rather play during the week and keep my weekends free. It's too dark to play volleyball during the week (until April). Oh, for those of you who don't know what wallyball is, it is playing volleyball in a raquetball court (and you can play the ball off the walls). It should be fun.

I've got to do some major Christmas shopping this weekend. I just don't know what to get anyone.

No comments: