Friday, March 04, 2005

Not In College Anymore

Last night, I had one of my first, "I feel old," feelings. I went with my friend Jen to the Battle of the Bands competition on the campus of UCF (that's the University of Central Florida). Her friend Alex has a band, Fairweather Friend. They did good, but they didn't win. But getting to the title of the blog, being surrounded by all these college students made me feel old. It's only been 3 years since I graduated, but it's definitely not my life anymore. As it was getting later and later, I kept thinking about how I had to get up for work in the morning. I had never been on campus before this, so trying to find my way around in the dark and in the rain was not an easy task. My goal was to try to blend in like we went there and so that Jen & I didn't look like to two Old Folks. But on our way to finding the Student Union, this young female coed asked us if we were lost. So much for blending in.

2 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Any grey hair yet?

Amy said...

The last time I got my hair cut, the hairdresser said she saw a few.