Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Bills, Glorious Bills

It's the first of the month, so that means that many of my bills are due: rent, water, cell phone, internet. My water bill was a bit higher than normal this month. This is thanks to Dad who had to do 5 loads of laundry per day while he and Mom were here. I typically use about 800 gallons per month. This month, it was 1200. Even though it only adds up to an extra $3 on my bill, that's still $3 I could have saved. My cell bill was about normal. Of the 323 minutes I used last month, 156 of them were to call home, and 52 minutes were in just one call. It's a good thing that my internet is only $10 a month - that's the only reason why I still have dial-up. The good news is that I got a bonus check today for the month of January. It was only about $40 (after taxes), but I'll take it. I'll take anything.

I know, I know, this all part of being an adult in the "real world." I just kind of sucks to have most of the money you worked so hard for, go away with a quick swish of a pen on a check.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Expect 3 bucks in the mail.
Mom Naggerson

Anonymous said...

When I read the post the first time, I just KNEW 3 bucks would be in the mail. :)

Anonymous said...

Home Depot sells dryer & washers with quarter deposit machine on them. This will solve any futher problems, except for the cost of the washer & dryer.
Uncle Ron,

I wish I had your bills!