Friday, March 11, 2005

Why Make Plans?

What's the point of making plans. There just going to change anyways. OK, I know that there are some things in life the do require extensive plannning, but that's not what I'm talking about. I don't typically make a whole lot of plans anyways, but recently, the plans I have made have either changed or completely fallen through. Last night was supposed to be my wallyball night. Two of our 4 players couldn't make it, so I suggested playing tennis instead. When I called to reserve a court, none were available. So much for that. After I found out about the court availability, my friend Anna called and invited me to some fundraiser/happy hour thing. So since all my other plans fell through, I went. Tonight, I had plans to have dinner with Becky & Anna and either take in an independant film or rent a movie. This morning, Jen emails me and invites me to go see "Robots." Of course I had to decline since I had already made plans with Becky & Anna. Later in the day, Becky emails me to tell me that we're rescheduling our dinner plans for tomorrow night. So, since my plans fell through, again, I replied back to Jen to say that I could make it to the movie. So far, my only "plan" for tomorrow is to go to the Tiger game. I don't know who all will come with me. I may or may not have free tickets (as it looks right now, I think I'll be buying them when I get there). I'm not making any concrete plans for tomorrow evening's entertainment. I have many options, but I am refusing to commit to anything. I'm just going to play it by ear. The same goes for the rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Mike has a refrigerator magnet that says, "We plan, God laughs". Sounds like the tiger game worked out well.