Monday, March 14, 2005

A Rough Week Ahead

It looks like it's going to be a rough week, this week. I'm already off to a bad start as I spilled my hot chocolate and burned my hand. But other than that, I have several projects that need to be completed within the next 2 weeks and some of them haven't even been started yet. The last thing my boss told me before I left of Friday, was to "enjoy the weekend, because next week is going to be hell." Well, I did make sure to enjoy the weekend. Friday night, I went to see "Robots." I thought that it was really cute. We saw it at the local drafthouse. I had never been there before, but there are tables and chairs and you can order food while you watch the movie. It was a very unique movie-watching experience. Saturday, I went to the Tiger game at Disney's Wide World of Sports. There ended up being four of us all together - Me, Bryan, Jen, and Jen's daughter Isabel. It was another good game. We were losing, but won it in the 9th inning. We had lawn seats in the outfield which was kind of nice. I took my beach blanket and we could just lay out and relax. I even layed down inbetween innings. We came close to catching a foul ball. It was another beautiful day - sunshine and a slight breeze. I wore sunscreen, but still added to my tan (and even a little burned in some places). I got a really nice tan line where my watch was. After the game, I went to Saturday night services and then hung out with Becky & Anna. We went out for pizza and then played a couple rounds of pool at a local bar. Afterwards, we went back to Becky's and played a couple games of Sequence. Becky won every game, but I came close a couple of times. On Sunday, we all went to the beach. It was another gorgeous day, about 80 degrees, lots of sunshine, and a nice breeze to keep us from getting too hot. It was pretty crowded because of Spring Break, but not too bad. I was surprised to see the ocean so flat. There were hardly any waves (1-2 foot at most), but there were still people trying to surf. After we "fried like Krispy Kreme" (a quote from Anna), we headed to Seafest, going on at Port Canaveral. We were a bit disappointed as it turned out not to be quite what we thought it would be. It was nothing more than a small carnival. We walked around a bit and then headed home. Becky made us dinner (baked ziti) and we played more Sequence (Becky won again).

Although this is going to be a busy week, I do have some things to look forward to. Sand volleyball starts back up and "The Incredibles" is being released to DVD on Tuesday.

No comments: